What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a “device”) web browser from a website’s server and is stored on your device’s hard drive.
There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session and allow us to link your actions during that particular browser session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
- First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are set by a third-party site separate from the site you are visiting.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but Personal Data that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
What types of cookies does Elev8 use and what are they used for?
We use two types: persistent cookies and session cookies. Cookies can be used to recognize you when you visit Elev8, remember your preferences, and give you a personalized experience that’s in line with your settings. Cookies also make your interactions with Elev8 faster and more secure.
Categories of Use
- Preferences, features and services: Cookies can tell us which language you prefer and what your communications preferences are. They also provide you with features, insights, and customized content.
Use of these technologies by authorized third-party service providers
We may work with third-party companies, commonly known as service providers, who are authorized to place third-party cookies or similar technologies for storing information on our sites or in our services, applications, and tools with our permission. These service providers help us to provide you with a better, faster, and safer website experience.
These service providers may use these technologies to help us deliver content and compile anonymous site metrics and analytics. These service providers are subject to confidentiality agreements with us and other legal restrictions on their use or collection of any personal information.
On the Elev8 website, you may encounter cookies and tracking technologies from our third-party service providers, including but not limited to LinkedIn, Google and Facebook.
Cookies can be disabled or removed by tools that are available in most commercial browsers. The preferences for each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options.
If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Elev8 website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience and could have a negative impact upon the usability and features of our website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Effective on July 1st, 2019